Immunization Newsbriefs
Link to Main Page
About NNiiParentsHealthcare ProfessionalsPolicy MakersPressroomPartners
Resources: Newsbriefs
Read Current Issue Online
Search Newsbriefs Archives
Subscribe to Email Online
Unsubscribe from Email Online

Vaccine Info Database

Search the Site

Send Your Feedbck
Read Current NewsbriefsBack

Only 10 Percent of Russian Children Healthy
Associated Press;


According to a report released by the Russian Health Ministry, only 10 percent of Russian children are truly healthy when they graduate from school. The report stated that the other 90 percent have contracted one or more chronic illnesses by the time they are in their late teens. Russia's post-Soviet economic problems have led to a serious decline in the quality of medical care in Russia over the last 10 years. The report noted that in the Taimyr Peninsula region of northern Siberia, a lack of immunization and booster shots has resulted in a measles rate of 136 per 100,000 children this year, more than 40 times the national rate.

© Copyright National Network for Immunization Information. The information contained in the National Network for Immunization Information Web site should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your health care provider. There may be variations in treatment that your health care provider may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.